If you want to celebrate like the locals do, be sure to take part to these traditional festivals in your summer visit to Venice.
Featuring something for everyone, in an almost country atmosphere – whether you’re into stories, music, theatre, video, cinema, food, charity and lotteries, religious functions, regattas, activities for children – here’s our month-by-month guide to some of the best experiences coming in the summer to live the city’s water soul, like Venetians do.
Here are the upcoming events:
- The Feast of the Madonna dell’Apparizione. Pellestrina Island until August 5 when the Pellestrina Regatta will take place.
- The St.Stephan’s Festival in Portosecco, Pellestrina Island, August 10-15 and September 9
- The Feast of the Assumption in Torcello Island on August 15
- The San Rocco Feast at the Church and Scuola Grande di San Rocco on August 16.
- The Festival of the Peocio (sauteed mussels) at Alberoni, Lido of Venice, August 23-26
- The “Festa de Mosto” (Festival of the must, freshly pressed grape juice), Sant’Erasmo Island, on September 30. There will be entertainment activities for kids , the pressing demonstration, the famous Venetian rowing regatta “mixed” (where the crew, unlike any other rowing competition, are composed of a man and a woman) and the band.
See more at VeneziaUnica.it